Saturday, February 18, 2012

From One Bedroom Rental to Our Home


We moved into our apt a little over a year ago and I can definitely say that it is a work in progress. I constantly see new things that inspire me to completely rearrange our tiny apt but, luckily for my boyfriend, I just update the accessories (for the most part!).

 Since we rent, it definitely limits my creative abilities. What? I can't rip out the closets in the bedroom and build a much more functional one, complete with a sitting area and space just for my shoes?!?  Hmm I really can't wait to have my own house!

 When we first moved in, I dove right into making the apartment feel more like a home to us, rather than 4 beige walls.  We painted a pop of color on the wall and started to incorporate things that represented both of us.  We stuck with neutral colors for all of our bigger purchases (couch, tv stand, coffee table, etc) and got more creative with the smaller things.

So here are some pics of my apartment. I’m very proud of it and it's the first place I've had without roommates (my boyfriend is not a roommate, he's a silent design partner, the best kind) and I really put a lot of work into making it feel like home for us!  As I said, it's always a work in progress and you will be seeing some posts in the future on what I've been doing to update it!  Enjoy!


The First Official Picture!

Bookcase Display
 A Few Holiday Decorations







No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you are leaving a comment. They always make my day! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...