Tuesday, November 13, 2012

wedding fun - asking your bridesmaids

One of my favorite parts of wedding planing so far has been asking my bridesmaids.  There are so many fun and unique ideas out there - some simple, some way over-the-top, from sitting down and asking in person to sending a basket full of fun bridesmaid's goodies!  
I had found the perfect way to ask my girls a while before I had gotten engaged (whoops!).  Enter The Flour Pot - a fun cookie boutique that has all sorts of different kinds of cookies for all different occassions - perfect for yourself or to send as gifts.  
I thought sending a cookie was the perfect way for me to ask my bridesmaids for a few different reasons - 1. being that they don't all live near me and asking them all in person wasn't exactly an option, 2. anyone that knows me knows that I'm obsessed with anything sweet and 3. I wanted them to feel special and loved the idea of sending them something!

 They have a whole section dedicated to "be my bridesmaid" and I had to choose from all of these options! 

I ended up choosing the Jessica Dress because I thought it was perfect for my bridesmaids!  I was able to customize the dress to be a pretty blue color (they had 13 dress color options) and I also was able to choose the ribbon color.  You also are able to choose from a list of "Will you be my..." that is on the card they receive and then you can add in your own little note.  I then had them shipped straight to the girls and here was the result!

I was thrilled with how they turned out and all of my girl's were so excited!  
I was blown away by the amount of compliments I received and how many people asked me where I had these done so I wanted to pass along the great shop - The Flour Pot.  I will definitely be sending more cookies from here in the future - definitely around the holidays, they have the cutest gift boxes filled with cute cookies, birthdays, bridal showers, they even do custom logo cookies - perhaps when I have a Lindsey Anne Interior Styling launch party!

Now I want to know, how did you ask your bridal party?

*The Flour Pot is not a sponsor of my blog or my business and I am in no way being endorsed for this post.  I just really loved their cookies and wanted to pass along the information to my readers and clients - enjoy!



7 comments:

  1. This is an adorable idea!! You're right - there are SO many ideas out there. I like that this one is fairly easy to do, though, but still has a personalized aspect to it. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a perfect idea!!! Saving it for my pinterest wedding!

    PS. I'd love it if you could visit my blog and follow me if you like it!! :)

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adorable idea!! i love the cookies you picked to ask your bridesmaids what a fun way to ask them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! I am a new follower from the GFC hop. I'm so glad I found your adorable blog. :)

    -Logan
    www.southernsunflowersandcoffeebeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute! I wrote my sister a letter before I got engaged, and when Jon proposed I called and told her to open it. I found out recently that she's kept the letter, which is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet idea! I've never heard of the Flour Pot before, but I'll definitely check it out! I love the idea of doing logo cookies...I may need to try that for something :) Thanks for linking up for Wedding Wednesday this week my dear! I'm looking forward to lurking around your blog tonight...

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete

So glad you are leaving a comment. They always make my day! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...