Monday, March 5, 2012

Exposed Beams

A few years ago I would have said my design aesthetic was more classic and contemporary, modern even, than anything else, but over the years my taste sure has changed. I would attribute it to moving to NYC and appreciating pre-war charm and character that older homes have and also to my boyfriend, and outdoorsy kind of guy. I'm pretty sure when we first met our friends would say he was granola! While he's definitely not that extreme, he has opened my eyes to the more rustic decor. Lots of antiques and wood! I'm a sucker for anything reclaimed wood now. I instantly fall in love.  I think exposed beams are a stunning architectural feature that add such dimension to a room, but doesn't have to scream barn.  
I daydream of a cottage in the woods, on the slopes, on a lake, rustic and chic at the same time.  For now, these images keep me inspired. 






1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you are leaving a comment. They always make my day! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...