Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kitchen Delights

I'm starting to think about what's on my Spring Cleaning To-Do list which is something that absolutely excites me!  I haven't started to touch on the organizing topic on my blog yet because I've been afraid that once I do, I won't stop.  However, since it is time for some good spring cleaning, I think this is the best time to start.  
Just a little background information...I love organizing.  I am a sucker for any organizing product and project.  I secretly enjoy moving just so I can re-organize my closets.  I find the whole thing very rewarding.  Throw in color coordinating and wow, I'm insanely happy!  I pride myself on organizing, it's almost my favorite thing about myself.  When I found out people actually are personal organizers, closest organizers, etc, I was over the moon!  They even have classes for it!  Once I actually start my business it will definitely be one of my services I provide.  Are any of you personal organizers?  Please please please tell me about it!  I'm dying to learn more. 
Anyway, back to what this post was originally about (see I told you I can't stop talking about it - it's ridiculous!)  First on my spring cleaning list would definitely be to re-organize most of our kitchen cabinets - my baking products and our spices and such have gotten very messy!  Since we rent our apartment, there's little I can do to change the set-up of the kitchen, so I just have to work with what I have.  The cabinets we have are very deep, which is hard because you can't fill them up because you will never be able to get all the way to the back!  
I took this picture in the middle of taking everything out to re-organize it.  It's normally packed.  You can see how deep it is, but the shelves are short.  I'm working on a plan to move them around and I'm looking into organizing accessories that will make these more functional and keep them neat!  (How embarrassing do these cabinets look? I promise they are normally much better looking!!)
We also have a few cabinets that have clear doors on them so we have to make sure they are very neat inside (one place that won't need to be cleaned!).  Here is a peek inside...
When I was buying our plates, bowls, mugs, etc., I made sure to get things that were simple and went together.  I love when I open my cabinets everything matches and has a place.  Clean, simple, clutter-free. 
I had to show a close-up of my favorite - and first purchase for this apartment!  I kept our main bowls and plates white and simple, but I bought a few plates and bowls as great accents and to add some color.  Both the bowls and plates are from West Elm, I don't think they have them any more, but they are my favorite - the bowls are a perfect size for ice cream. 

Have you guys started your spring cleaning yet?  What are you tackling? 

2 comments:

  1. Those plaid mugs are super cute! I'm working on my closet this spring. I can't decide if it makes more sense to fold my pants, or hang them.

    Great blog!
    Genuinely,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! Thanks for your comment! I love the mugs and loved that I can mix the colors but keep the same pattern. For the closet, I normally fold my jeans and hang any other pants. I find that works the best for me, since I don't have enough space to hang them all! Let me know what you end up doing!
    You also have a great blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you are leaving a comment. They always make my day! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...