Wednesday, July 11, 2012

crisp and chic inspiration

Happy Wednesday!  I can't believe I haven't blogged all week yet!  That's a first for me!  I was spending time with my family down our my parent's shore house and stayed for a few extra days.  I really was planning on doing some work and blogging, but the days just got away from me!  I was supposed to come home last night, but Eric got stuck and work and didn't get out until 5am so he drove my parent's house and I drove us home!  So here I am bright and early with my coffee and he's sound asleep with our pup.
So anyway, sorry for not being around, I've missed you!


Lately I've been drawn to crisp and chic rooms - mostly living rooms.  There's something so wonderful about a simple, but crisp room.  An easy, neutral palette and traditional elements can be so chic, not boring. 


Pillows add all the spice you need. 

The fireplace is really the focal point of this room, I like how the neutral colors in the rest of the room let it shine. 

Ooh, I love these chairs.  Dark wood pieces work well, while not overtaking this space. 
A different scheme - greys - provides a softer look.  I love each and every pillow on that couch! 

Now I'm off to catch up on e-mails and some client projects - enjoy your day! 


A little link love - 
Kate of Dabble in Chic is hosting a virtual Stella and Dot Trunk show!  Read her post about her favorite picks - here and shop her show here.  Amazing new pieces for the Fall 12 line were just added!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of neutrals and I love the first room - as you say the cushions add interest - I especially like those prints.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These rooms are gorgeous!!! I love these looks. I tried to decide my fav, but I like all of them for different reasons. Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pillows have the ability to make or break the look and ambiance of the room! Never underestimate the power of a good pillow :)

    http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking the last photo a lot! It seems like a really nice room to relax and unwind.

    -Lauren
    www.coffeeandcolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

So glad you are leaving a comment. They always make my day! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...