Monday, July 23, 2012

stone in the bathroom

Stone bathrooms.  I wasn't always a fan of what I would have traditionally thought of when thinking of using stone in the bathroom.  It seemed cold and even a little dark to me.  Lately when browsing some of my interior design magazines, I've been seeing a stone look that has been catching my eye - it's modern and chic.  It seems that when paired with dark wood tones, the stone is warmed up, instead of looking stark.

This image is different from the others, it is minimalist, but the dark (slate?) floor balances it out along with the shelf.

Is this a look you would use in your bathroom?  Do you already have stone in your house? 

8 comments:

  1. girlfriend this stone is gorgeous! but I feel ya about not always being a fan of it! But it really changes the entire feel of the room!

    Happy Monday!
    xxA

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the stone in the bathroom! such a clean and modern feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Love the light colored stone in the first and last photos! Thanks for sharing!

    http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very relaxed and spa feel. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice blog post. I definitely appreciate
    this website. Continue the good work!

    Review my weblog; www.gorgeousgeekdating.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey There. I discovered your blog using msn. That is
    an extremely well written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your helpful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

    my homepage :: weight loss

    ReplyDelete

So glad you are leaving a comment. They always make my day! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...