Wednesday, May 2, 2012

guest post - Erica from ELLE Design Studio

Greetings from Erica of ELLE Design Studio! I am so pleased to be hanging with Lindsey from Pinklet and C today. Lindsey and I met via Twitter, and between her fashion sense and natural interior decorating ability, I just love catching up with her blog.

I recently completed the design of my own living room, but one thing is still missing… a substantial piece of artwork to hang above my sectional. Lots of deep blues, beachy tans, + greyish taupes reign in this space. I think a striking black + white photograph would be perfect. I want the deep blues in the rug, fireplace tile, and accent wall to stand out. The subject matter of the image needs to be bold, but void of distracting color.

I have been obsessing over equine images lately…Whether they are photographs, prints, suggestive or minimalistic paintings. I just discovered the incredible work of New York based photographer, Roberto Dutesco, and I have been swooning over his compelling photographs for weeks. He truly captures the natural elegance of these animals – I adore the intimate close-ups depicting their interaction with one another.So gorgeous! Have a look at some of my faves…







Images:
Roberto M. Dutesco


Thank you, Lindsey, for having me stop by today!
xo
Erica


P.S. Don't forget to check out my guest post over at The Entertaining House today!

6 comments:

  1. These photos are gorgeous. I especially love the one with the snowy mountain/hill. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The first one with the two nuzzling would be very inviting for living room artwork.

    @Cathy_Showan
    http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos, would look amazing in so many spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so beautiful. Wild and free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beauty! Great blog!
    If you don't mind we could follow each other, I'm starting now :)
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first picture is so pretty!

    -Lauren

    www.coffeeandcolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

So glad you are leaving a comment. They always make my day! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...