Monday, June 25, 2012

my other business venture - Stella & Dot stylist

I know my blog is mainly an interior design blog, but I do like to share other parts of my life from time to time, so I thought I'd share my other business venture with you....a Stella & Dot stylist


I've long been a fan of Stella & Dot jewelry and when I started blogging, I started seeing it pop up all over the place! I bought a few pieces and was hooked!  
My first internship in college was with David Yurman and it was there that I started my true love affair with jewelry.  I always enjoyed working in the fashion industry, but I knew deep down that owning a business and interior styling/decorating were my true calling.  When I was making plans to start my business and leave my full-time job, the idea of being s Stella & Dot stylist crossed my mind and the more I looked into it, the more I saw what a perfect fit it was.  It was going to give me an opportunity to still stay in touch with fashion, while meeting so many new people, and making some extra money!  
A lot of people ask how I'm doing running two new business ventures at once and it definitely has its struggles, but overall, I'm having the time of my life!  


Most of my Stella & Dot business is based on trunk shows (which give me a way to offer a little free party styling!) but I have been coming across a lot of women who want personal shopping appointments.  Getting to work with someone one-on-one to pick out a new jewelry wardrobe, or even just a new piece for an important event, has been a ton of fun!  I've even done some through Skype!  Picking out jewelry for someone is a lot like picking out furniture and home decor and working with someone so closely is beneficial to both of my businesses!  It's so interesting how they have bought taught me different skills to bring to the other.  Some clients have even transferred over to be a client of the other business - that's a perk!


Here are a few pics from an impromptu mini styling appointment I had. 

Modeling a few of her favorite bracelets while she continued to pick out pieces. 

Putting together a simple, but chic look 

Mixing colors

For a special night out

7 comments:

  1. I love that big cocktail ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so fun! i love stella & dot an have been thinking about becoming a stylist for some time now! maybe when i graduate :] love that armparty & that ring! so pretty!

    xxA
    www.letitbebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda essa pulseira. Adoro moda e decoração.
    Parabéns pelo bom gosto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the accesories. I agree with what the blogger said "Putting together a simple, but chic look"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regardless of how many business ventures you want to start, as long as you know how to manage your time properly, then nothing will go wrong. Giving each business its much needed time and attention is more than enough to keep it running and profitable. Enjoy what you're doing, Lindsey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lindsey. Wow. I think you do styling really well. Look at those accessories. Anyway, I agree with Clint. It’s all about proper time management. If you learn how to maximize the available time that you have, everything will be easy.

    Cameron Scott

    ReplyDelete

So glad you are leaving a comment. They always make my day! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...