Thursday, June 14, 2012

white + dark kitchens

I love the look of a white + dark kitchen.  Mostly white with accents of dark woods is such a classic and chic look to me.  I think it has the ability to work in both traditional and modern homes in it's own way.  I've been pinning a lot of images in this scheme lately and I'm just loving the boards.
Here are some of my favorites.


This whole room feels traditional and then there bar stools just add in an unexpected industrial touch - works perfectly!

The use of the dark wood island keeps this kitchen from looking boring, but using the same countertop helps keep it cohesive. 


Love these stools!  The nailhead trim that ties back to the couch is a great touch. 
image


mordern. 


Another dark island.  This one keeps the room from feeling too stark and cold by balancing out all the stainless steel. 

2 comments:

  1. White kitchens are my favorite! Add dark floors and I swoon! These photos are lovely. I love the one with the nail head trim bar stools and couch. I wouldn't mind spending hours whipping things up in that kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you are leaving a comment. They always make my day! Happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...